It’s just as important to us as it is to you: Have a happy, healthy mouth!
Happy, healthy teeth — both natural and restored — thrive in a mouth that is clean, and when expsoure to harmful foods is limited. The preventive maintenance program at Loudoun Dental Associates is designed ot help our patients learn proper and effective oral health care, as well as the risk factors for and how to manage periodontal disease. Your Dulles dentist will discuss with you at length the recommended oral hygiene instructions, some of which include:
- Brush your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day in a circular motion with a soft bristled toothbrush aimed at the gum.
- Floss every night in an up-and-down motion while keeping the floss in a U-shape and against the tooth surface.
- Avoid smoking.
- Avoid sticky sugary foods.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Use antiseptic and fluoride rinses as directed.
- Have sealants placed on young permanent teeth.