Our dentists in Loudoun, VA provide a variety of routine dental services to help ensure your long-term oral health. Routine dental maintenance is extremely important for maintaining good oral health. It includes regular dental check-ups, cleanings, and exams, which help prevent dental problems such as cavities, gum disease, and tooth loss.
Here are some reasons why routine dental maintenance is important:
- Prevents dental problems: Regular dental check-ups and cleanings can prevent dental problems before they start. Dental professionals can spot early signs of gum disease, cavities, and oral cancer, and take steps to prevent these issues from becoming worse.
- Saves money: Routine dental maintenance can save you money in the long run. Preventing dental problems is often less expensive than treating them. For example, a filling is less expensive than a root canal, and a root canal is less expensive than a dental implant.
- Maintains overall health: Oral health is closely linked to overall health. Poor oral health can lead to systemic health problems such as heart disease, stroke, and diabetes. Regular dental maintenance can help prevent these health issues.
- Promotes good oral hygiene habits: Routine dental maintenance helps promote good oral hygiene habits. Dental professionals can provide tips and advice on how to brush and floss properly, which can help maintain good oral health.
Overall, routine dental maintenance is crucial for maintaining good oral health and preventing dental problems. It’s important to visit a dental professional regularly for check-ups, cleanings, and exams.
It’s just as important to us as it is to you: Have a happy, healthy mouth!
Happy, healthy teeth — both natural and restored — thrive in a mouth that is clean, and when exposure to harmful foods is limited. The preventive maintenance program at Loudoun Dental Associates is designed to help our patients in Loudoun County learn proper and effective oral health care, as well as the risk factors for and how to manage periodontal disease. Your Dulles dentist will discuss with you at length the recommended oral hygiene instructions, some of which include:
- Brush your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day in a circular motion with a soft bristled toothbrush aimed at the gum.
- Floss every night in an up-and-down motion while keeping the floss in a U-shape and against the tooth surface.
- Avoid smoking.
- Avoid sticky sugary foods.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Use antiseptic and fluoride rinses as directed.
- Have sealants placed on young permanent teeth.